Friday, February 19, 2010

She Doesn't Like Old People

In Folsom California, they serve lunch at the Senior Center. We want Mom and her hub, Ray, (both 84 years old) to go there and take advantage of it. They could eat a meal and socialize. Ray could trade WWII stories with the other vets there..

Mom says, "NO! There are old people there and they would probably want to talk to me about SEWING, or even CANNING!"

So I made her this button to wear and said I'd go with them next week when I'm there.
She still said NO!!

Guess I'll have to tie her up.

11 comments:

stefanie said...

that is hilarious!!

Keetha Broyles said...

What Stefanie said!!!!

Isn't it sooooo funny when old people call other people old people. Love it.

Lori E said...

Well we all feel the same don't we? I don't feel my age and think those old people around me are much older. Young at heart.

The Muse said...

lol lol
hey, do your folks know my FIL...??? LOL
oh my gosh!
same here
lol

Claudia said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing out loud! Good for her! I know I think I am much younger than my peers and then I'm shocked when I find out we're the same age - inside my head I guess I haven't faced that reality. I think it is what keeps us going!

xo
Claudia

Mama-Face said...

I.MUST.HAVE.THIS.PIN!!!!

hahaha. so great.

Sherry Goodloe said...

OMG! I LOVE that button you made your mom. I'm sitting here crackin' up laughing. LOL

Diana said...

Great button! At least she's feeling young and not wanting to conform to what most people think "old" people should be doing. Your mother sounds like a hoot! lol

Lynn said...

FYI
I thought a recent contestant on Biggest Looser was about my age. Turns out, she was born the year I graduated from high school.
Somebody get me a cane.

Suzy said...

Then they get there and they love it!

Melissa said...

I find it fantastic that your mother is 84 yrs old and doesn't think of herself as old. It can't get any better than that. I do love the button though!