Thursday, February 25, 2010

Who Loves the Sweet Potato Queens?


Me. That's who.
So of course my sister and I had to go here when we visited the state where I drew my first breath. I SO wish I could be BFF's with Jill Connor Brown.

I have added the picture above because I learned a shocking thing yesterday! Not everyone has read the SPQ books.

Oh! I envy y'all so much because you have SUCH a treat coming to you!

I was reading the chapter about southern obituaries to my sister while we were driving up the mountain to Tahoe and she almost drove off the road! This is sometimes not that big of a deal but this time it would have been.

Hie thee to the book store and fetch yourself one of these book!

YOU will want to be BFF's with her too!

6 comments:

The Muse said...

HA HA...
yes both so fit the mold :)
LOL :)

Kimberly said...

Very Cute!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I wasn't going to comment because I don't know what you are talking about. Did I miss a post about this?

The French Bear said...

I am not sure I know who you mean, I am checking it out though!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Housewife Savant said...

Seriously? I neeeeeeeed a book list for vacation.
In July.
"Kel?" you ask, "You need a book list for JULY, and you need it NOW?"
"Mm-hmm" is my reply. Cuz like a bag of chips I'll have a little here and a little there, and by July I'll be bugging you for more Frito Lays, er; books.
Sweet Potato Queens; check.
What else????

Anonymous said...

which spq book has the southern obituaries? I've been trying to find it!