Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You Don't Miss The Water Til The Well Runs Dry

This is what is going on in my world right now.
Our pump in the well quit. While I was taking these pictures I had this conversation with one of the well guys.
Me: This is going on my blog!
WG: Wut?
Me: Never mind.
This is the well house.
Crane.
The well house is next to my studio. These pipes came out of the well hole. Funny. I always thought wells had a round brick wall around them and a bucket on a rope to drop down into them.

6 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

It would be very charming if they still did. Hope the problem is fixed!

xoxo
Jane

Claudia said...

Oh no. We had our pump go out last year, but it is in the basement - still pumps the water out of the well, though. We had no water for about a day.

Hang in there.

xo
Claudia

stefanie said...

thats neat how the well has a house, ours just has a tank, mine needs a house.

Keetha Broyles said...

Several times we've lived in homes that had wells - - - and when something goes wrong with that pump, it ain't a pretty picture!

I LOVE that you tried to tell the well man about the blog. Hehehehehehehe

He probably thought you were trying to say - - - bog, I'm throwing this picture in my bog!

drollgirl said...

ack!!! i hope the situation gets rectified soon!!! and that it doesn't cost a fortune!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yikes! I know nothing about wells but it looks like a big and expensive job! Good luck with it all, Lynn.