Saturday, May 21, 2011

Who Would Sit In The Dirt On Her Day Off Just For Children And Her Community?

 A teacher, of course!  I believe I heard this saintly creature referred to as Ms. Rogers.
 She was directing these kids who were singing a medley of five songs, one for each of the five branches of the military.  She didn't forget the Coast Guard, and she taught them gestures to go along with  the songs.  I have done this.  It is not as easy as the finished product looks.  Congrats, Ms Rogers.  We are not worthy! *bows to the floor*
 All of this happened this morning at the Whitmore Parade, and Country Fair.  The above is the Quilting Club.  I used to attend the quilting.  Perhaps I'll return.
 This is the Shingletown Fiddle Group.
 Here we have the 4-H Club,  headed by Shannon and Duane,
 Our mail delivery person and her award-winning goat,
 And the judges table.  Whoop!  There he is!
 You can see by the banner hanging from the trees that the proceeds of the events go to the volunteer fire department.  You can also see the beautiful environment in which we live.
It is a township of about 800, and I think we were all there today.


5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I believe I know the very song of which you speak, it always makes me cry - - - especially when they have the service people from each branch stand for THEIR song - - - and even MORE especially if I KNOW some of the standers.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like a fun parade.

Nancy said...

You do live in such a beautiful place and small town parades are the best. :) Nancy

drollgirl said...

you live in a pretty amazing area!

Anonymous said...

she is an unsung hero for sure!