Friday, June 8, 2012

It's All About The Journey

                            This banner says 'TRAVEL"
 The little pennant thingies are heavy cardboard covered with maps and I decoupaged them on with Mod Podge.  (Of course.)
          I used a brown stamp pad to "age" them around the edges.
      Then I stamped them with Stazon ink and embossed them.
          Then I hot glued them to a burlap streamer.
                  I got letters to spell out the word "Travel" and texturized them with string and chunks of  
                   burlap and a few buttons, and then I spray painted them green.
 Grandy asks, Why is everything about travel?  I told her that travel is continuing my education!

              Next stop? The Bahamas.  Now that will be an education!

6 comments:

Claudia said...

Travel to the Bahamas sounds pretty wonderful to me! When do you go?

xo
Claudia

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, We we were fortunate to go the Bahamas' a few years back, I would go again in a heart beat, beautiful place.
I think it's great you named your ranch, you know I've never named our place, maybe I should seriously consider that.. hugs ~lynne~

Beansieleigh said...

Gee, if you put it like THAT, I wouldn't mind continuing MY education!! (0; ((Hugs)) and have a great weekend! ~tina

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I really like these. They are super cute. You go girl!

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Travel IS Continuing Education! It changes you and opens you up to the world.

Loveliest pennant banner I've seen yet...

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I so agree about traveling! Love the banner!