Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stereoptic Dohickie

I remember these at the Ada Public Library. When I saw it I had to have it. It is a significant memory from my youth.
In the summer, we walked to the library every two weeks and exchanged our books for new ones. I always looked at their collection of stereoptic pictures of people's homes and activities. I loved the library.
When we got home with our new books, we always spread a sheet on the lawn under a shady elm tree in our yard and read for hours. Having an avid-reader-mom was a wonderful gift for my brothers and sisters and me.

3 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Lyn! Oh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this kind of thing! Now I guess I'm too young to remember stereoptic pictures, but I wish I could see how these look and work up close! I do, however, have a growing collection of old books!.. a few of them are indeed educational, such as this one: "The New Correct Spelling For Graded Schools", copyright 1938.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keetha Broyles said...

When I was three I knew someone who had one of these - - - I LOVED looking at it. Cool antique to own!!!