Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh! The Places I've Been!

I made this "Art Book" of some of the places I have visited. I used little trinkets and Pictures, both personal and found.
Almost every page has an added tag, so one (I) must look at it for a long time.









I think the sixth picture down is my favorite picture because this was a trip on a river boat on a river in France. Everything was Gourmet to the fifth star. The boat captain was our sommelier, and told us all about the wine as he served it (at every meal), including the type of grapes it was made with and where they grew and all about the special vintage, etc. Toward the end of the week I brought out this box of wine that I had from the week before we got on the barge and presented it to him with a special sort of like his, except my vintage was "Tuesday." Oh, my, did he roll his eyes!!


I still haven't located my pictures from my first visit to Paris, so my book isn't quite complete yet.





9 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Lynn,
You simply must tell us all about your barge trip in France. Don't tell anyone, but LOM and I are thinking of packin' it in her in the old USofA and buying a barge boat to live on and cruise through Europe. So tell me, was it as wonderful as it looks?
Laura

Keetha Broyles said...

Tres cute, Miss July!!

drollgirl said...

it must have been SO FUN to make this!!!!!

Pearl said...

I have several scrapbooks myself. :-) Very nice.

Pearl

Cass @ That Old House said...

I've never made a scrapbook, but this one just beats all --- I love it! All the pictures, mementos... just terrific.
Now get those first Paris pictures in there. :-)
Cass

Joanne said...

That is the most awesome book I have ever seen - what a treasure!!!! I am busy keeping photobooks and enjoying them - I like it but they don't have the charm and personality yours have - wonderful!!!

Glad to see you back too.

The Muse said...

ooo Goodness! All your readers are super impressed, and I am no exception. Your book reminds me of Victorian times when they had massive collections, for each journey. What a unique and very artistic manner to keep your memories :)

Yes it has been a long time in our visits...! Let's change that (wink)

The Muse said...

ok...I hAVE to ask...
what does the blue box in the laundry hold? LOL

Kat said...

What a wonderful book, practically magical! I love the church ruins in the first picture, where is that? Thanks for the hex, the last report we got from Rockport is that the wind had died down and the rain had slowed! And you are right, haven't heard a peep out of that volcano - pretty strong medicine :) Kat