Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cancun

WE ARE HEADED FOR CANCUN SATURDAY.
Tomorrow we go to Sacramento and leave out of SAC at some ungodly hour in the morning.
Son and fam will come down Sunday.

We have a passel of friends with whom we enjoyed the joys of educating the youth of Southern Califoria. They have timeshares at the same time. We bought them about 14 years ago when we were still young. Now we seem to all be grandparents and have jobs doing what ever we want, when we want to.



This is the main daytime activity.













This sunrise was photographed by yours truly. An amazing feat when you remember the fact that I get up at the crack of 9:30. I took it standing about 3 feet from my bed and then got back in it after snapping the shot.














If this picture were to be taken of me today, I would be taking up much more room on the horizon.
Don't care.





















These pictures were taken a few years ago.
They are daughter and grandchildren.




When we return we will have family pictures of the Daredevil son and his family.





I am taking my embroidery because I can't go without something creative. You know what they say about idle hands!



See ya in two!

12 comments:

Candy said...

Loved the reliving of your day story, kinda sounds like me...your not alone. And Cancun...so close to Cozumel, that is where we go when we head South. So makes me want to grab a my suit and run to the airport. Thanks for the memories and BTW good looking family photo on the beach ;-)

Housewife Savant said...

Jealousy here.
Cradling my envy.
We have plans for the weekend; me and my covetousness.

Seriously - have FUN!

"up at the crack of 9:30" [snicker]

Lori E said...

What a great family photo. We have been a few times to various spots in Mexico. I too need something to do. In my case idle hands grab drinks.

Joanne said...

Have a fabulously wonderful time. Love the picture of your family all in white on the beach - gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time my friend! You sure are a good looking bunch...

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Lynn! Love your family picture on the beach!! I was recently invited to play a little blogging game, so I posted that today, then invited you to play along.. But it looks to me like you're having a lot more fun doing just what you're already doing! (Are you collecting plenty of shells, for a certain project, by any chance?!!) ~tina

mzbehavin said...

Is it too late to ask ( whine) to tag along???

I don't need much.....

sunscreen and a good book oughta about do it.......

Tanielle said...

Oh how wonderful!! I need to travel someplace warm and tropical!!:-) Have a great time!

Xazmin said...

Those are some gorgeous pictures! I'm jealous!

Mama-Face said...

Oh, the water looks beautful. Hope you are having a great time!

Abby Lanes said...

It looks like you're all having a blast, and the phtos are amazing. Keep that sunscreen on, those rays are strong. Thanks for sharing with us!

Keetha Broyles said...

Love these Cancun posts and pictures. You were in Cancun and I was in "jail." Hehehehehehehehe school!