Thursday, October 22, 2009

Creative Juices Flowing

I saw these little thingies that are for putting under the legs of your furniture. I got it at the Beyond part of Bed Bath and...

I have been messing around with them. I tried covering them with some fancy gold paper and putting a pretty little butterfly in the frame.



I put a picture of my cute little mama in one.


And this. Whatever I end up doing, me, being me, I am sure they will be far more gaudied up than these are.

I am working on three other projects right now. One is a decoupage on a 1x6 board to go over my window where I write and compute.

While messing with one end of the board, the other end knocked a full container of Mod Podge to the floor. It hit just right to make it TO SHOOT ACROSS THE ROOM.
It was everywhere and now I don't think my rolly chair will roll anymore.

10 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your chair can always be called a 'still life'...

xoxo
Jane

drollgirl said...

you are so crafty and so creative!

and i haven't heard the term mod podge since i was a kid!

stefanie said...

you are creative!!

Suzy said...

Brilliant idea with the furniture thingies. Spilling stuff that can't go away? I think we've all been there. Sadly.

Mama-Face said...

Mod Podge Forever. In your case literally.

I love the word gaudied-I have to figure away to use that term more, if that's okay. I am astounded with what did with those plastic whatchamacallits. Really.

Mama-Face said...

Haha away or a way...:)

Urban Earthworm said...

Ha, sorry to hear about your rolly chair. I hate when those wheels get stuck.

I like the butterfly one. I need to get some framed insects for our study . . .

Lori R. said...

neat idea! a built-in lil' frame. At least Modge Podge isn't black and dries fairly clear! The rolly chair, aarrgh!!! I would be looking for another chair or something. Heaven forbid, I would have to get up and walk across the room to get something, rolling is half the fun!!!

Joanne said...

I Love what you did!!! I have no imagination - I can re-create almost anything but can't think outside the box. Very good!!

Lynn said...

Who would have thought to do this? I think they look really lovely just the way they are :)
Sorry you glued your chair wheels... LMBO