Saturday, June 6, 2009

Where Did the Time Go?



This baby is graduating from high school this week so I will be less than attentive to my blog for a few days.
I recently ran across a letter I wrote to her after a visit with her at three months old. I ached for her! I will include it here.


Dear Rachel Skye,
This is your Gigi, who misses you so, so much. If Mommy ignores you when you say, “Nyet, nyet, nyet” just call me, OK? You are my precious baby and I will give you anything you want.
Here is a helpful reminder for you; If you get a stuffy nose, don’t let Mommy know or she will come after you with one of those fuzzy sticks that you hate.
Also, if they make you eat things you don’t like, just call 894-3400.
If Mommy puts that scratchy dress on you just call me and I will save you. We will sing together, and stay up late, and eat ice cream, and then go outside barefoot and look at the moon.
I will teach you how to tap dance and how to say, “It was temporary insanity” when you get into trouble. We will read a thousand books and I will let you wear all of my jewelry at once.
We are going to have a great time, you and I.
Your very own Gigi

Fortunately they moved back to our neighborhood! It only takes a minute to grow from baby to young lady.

20 comments:

The French Bear said...

They do grow up so fast!!! Lovely post and lovely girl!!! Beautiful!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Keetha Broyles said...

She has been lovely through all her stages!!!

Congratulations!!!

Altered Glass said...

I can't believe one of mine has been out of the house for 7 years and one for 5. And it seems the longer the time away, the faster time is going. Thank goodness for cell phones.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

She's gorgeous, and I bet she's fun (given your influence and all..)

Pam @ Frippery said...

Beautiful graduate and beautiful grandma. What fun you must share. I think any girl would love to have such a crazy chick as her grand one! Love the scratchy dress advice!

Rhea said...

Awww! How swweet! Congrats on her graduation!

I'm here with the SITS Welcome Wagon. I've been with SITS for a year now, and they're awesome. I've met so many fun women, read so many great blogs...it's truly a wonderful, supportive female blogging community. Welcome aboard, SITSta!

drollgirl said...

what a sweet letter! i hope the two of you are still this close and that graduation is fabulous. i bet there will be a few tears shed, and that is ok. :)

Anonymous said...

They grow up way too fast!

Welcome to SITS!

Just Lisa said...

What a sweet letter! And I think it's so awesome that you've saved it after all this time.


I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

@TiffanyRom said...

That is just so sweet- I am al choked up!

Graduating high school- wow. Time flies!

Welcome to SITS, let me know if you have any questions and we will see you in roll call!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

She is graduating..you must be over the top with pride Lynn.. How great was that letter? So sweet. I tell my young granddaughters all of the time to mail themselves to Florida in a big box if Mom and Dad give them a hard time.

Jess said...

Welcome from SITS!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

What a dear letter....how wonderful she still has it! They grow up too fast, don't they? It seems like my little guy was just born and he'll be NINE on Friday. Being a gramma is just the best thing ever, isn't it?

Have a wonderful time celebrating this sweet gals' graduation.

Blessings,
Spencer

Housewife Savant said...

I love this!

Sandy said...

Very sweet!

Welcome to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I'm stopping by to say hello, and Happy Monday (and for some, happy blue Monday or happy belated Pink Saturday - Happy SITS day, whatever it is - WHEW!)

That was the dearest letter you wrote. Gosh I love the whole post. I just wanna hug you!!

My blog topic today is about a man, a dog, a love story, and a bit about embroidery. Please stop by if you have a moment.

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
DeStash.me
MaidenShade.com

Anonymous said...

They do grow up too fast. Welcome to SITS!

Brandy said...

Awww! That's so sweet and your granddaughter is beautiful...I checked out the grad picture.

Congrats to her & you! I'm sure you're very proud.

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Unknown said...

I love this! I plan to be that wonderful when I am a grandmother, it's tough as nails being a mom to a busybusybusy three year old boy, though! With a daughter that is smarter than her father and I put together!
congrats and best of luck to your little one!

Lori R. said...

Stop by my blog when you have a minute, there is an award over there for you to pickup.