Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's a-------------

This is the other side. I promise the handles were even when I stuck them into the clay.
But...
Actually this gave the creation more personality, don't you think?
After I took its picture on my porch and showed the product to my sarcastic son, I put it on a shelf. When I get tired of looking at the sparkly side I'll turn it around to the mono-color side.
As I was making it I had to giggle a little at the over-the-top-ness of it, and what Mr. Sarcastic would say. He didn't disappoint! And to think, I could have stepped on him when he was crawling about on the floor when he was a baby, but did I? No. He owes me.

7 comments:

Altered Glass said...

Well, I like the creativeness and as far as smartie pants, Mr. Sarcastic, yea, I got one of those too. I have NO IDEA how he lived to be 25!

Blondie's Journal said...

It is amazing how the simplist of things make it into your studio!! I best be warned never to give you a goldfish!! ;-)

Thank you so much for the award! You are the best!! I have been a new follower of you also and I missed some of my blogroll over the weekend. I came back this morning and read Bobby's Story. A beautiful , funny, touching story as well as tribute to your brother. Oh gosh, I had such a lump in my throat. Just an incredible story and your writing earned you Blondie's Pulitzer!

I will pick up the award soon. My list will probably not be as funny as yours though!!

xoxo
Jane

Candy said...

Thanks for your visits to Rock Candy. You always give me a smile with your comments. And your story of the carafe and Mr. Sarcastic, too funny. Boys are a secret joy for their moms.

Enjoy,
Candy

DesignTies said...

The last bit of your post made me laugh :-D

Yes, crooked handles definitely add personality :-)

Thanks for letting me know that you like your one-bowl sink better than the two-bowl sink. I'm definitely leaning towards one bowl.

Kelly @ DesignTies

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

Oh that is priceless! What a great tribute to a sweet gift. Smack your son, lol.

It's been a very challenging week here at MaidenShade. Working through blog issues, thinking of possible posts - and rueing the fact I'm not visiting everyone. Please, don't forget about me; )

Today's post is on some basics of HTML just in case that is something you're interested in. It does come in handy for working in blog posts, webpages, and listings if you have a store.

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

Lynn said...

Wow, what a great job you did, it looks almost Egyptian to me, not sure why, but it does :)

Lynn said...

Ya. I sort of see King TUT in it too.