Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Annual Whitmore Mountain Faire

On Saturday I attended the yearly fund raiser for the Whitmore Volunteer Fire Department. Whitmore is a township of about 800 people. I can't believe I live here. Mind you I spent 40 years in the packed area called Orange County California just south of LA.
I think all 800 people were at Saturday's Event.








We had the fire department, a float full of the area veterans, and various "Wild Animals" in keeping with the "It's A Zoo" theme.
We always make jokes about the events (Chile Cook Off, Spaghetti Supper, and so forth.) in Whitmore like this:
"Hurry up so we can get a good parking place!" Yeah. I love it here! Look at the trees. Look at the sky. Who wouldn't love it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn, Your little town is so much like my little village. I have to laugh at the Christmas parade as it's mostly tractors, etc. but I wouldn't miss it for the world. xo Lynn

Keetha Broyles said...

I just "tagged" you over on my blog - - -