Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Second or Third or Possibly 25th Time Around

I actually took a camera like this to camp the summer I was 10 years old. My mama said that she skipped lunch for a month when she was in high school to buy it. It used film that could imprint 8 photographs.
If you didn't roll the film to the next picture's position, it would take a second photo on top of the one that had just been taken. This made for some interesting photography for a ten-year-old. I found this in an antique shop last week. I wonder if it is the same camera that I took to camp that summer.
I have repurposed this item as a knick-knack for now.

3 comments:

Marina Capano said...

Lynn thanks so very much for your nice comments! you are so friendly person!
you have such a cute blog!
I have one same camera!! the camera was of my grandfather!!
so, You can visit my blog if you want to read spanish!!
besos

The Old Parsonage said...

I'm still making my Pink Saturday rounds...
You hydrangeas are lovely and you Mum is beautiful!

I loved the story of your early years as a photographer!

Have a great week!

sunnymama said...

What a fantastic 'knick-knack'! It would be so cool if it was the same camera that you had when you were 10.