Thursday, May 21, 2009

Whitney's Play

This past weekend I went to Sacramento to see my niece, Whitney act--nay--Star in a play called The Servant of Two Masters. It was at the City Theatre at
Sacramento City College. The cast ad lib-ed and improvised and just had so much fun. One guy did his whole part ("Silvio") as Keano Reeves. It was hilarious. Those of us who saw it are zapping lines back and forth to each other on our Facebook group.
Before I went down to see the play, I was in a little second hand shop and found this delightful little tin. Perfect for the Star. I embellished it a bit (didn't get a pic of that) and put a few little charms inside, and gave it to her after the performance.

5 comments:

drollgirl said...

what a cute little tin, and the perfect gift!

and i have family up in fair oaks (adjacent to sac). it is kind of weird up there, but i am sure they think the same of los angeles!

Charlene said...

Thank you for stopping by to enter my Give Away. Hope you win!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

What a unique little gift, and it sounds like the play was a hoot too! :)
Carrie

Anonymous said...

I love old tins like this..great find and a lovely gift for your niece.

AK said...

Haha! Yes, I`m the cupcake-queen! Have a great weekend! Hugs from AK